Saturday, July 21, 2007

Michelle Moran - The History Buff

I enjoy a good historical novel. For me, the history accuracy has to override the romantic storyline. If your historical novel is filled with anachronisms and the language is totally out of line for the time period, I'm not going to read past page 2.

That's why I think I'll like "Nefertiti" by Michelle Moran. I wish I could say I've read it, but (alas), it just hit the shelves on July 10th. Consider that when I looked at the page, her Amazon ranking was 1019 and you'll get an idea of how popular this book will be.

If you're a fan of the History Channel and watch any documentary on archaelogical digs, then I'd invite you to peruse Michelle's blog History Buff. Where she digs up (ahem) all this great information, I'll never know. How she finds the time to do the digging is also a mystery.

If you enjoy historical novels, Michelle also interviews other authors on her History Buff Interviews blog.

One of these day and after I get to read Nefertiti, I'll see if I can hit up Michelle for an interview. I'll have to drag her away from the professional media, no doubt.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Marva,

    Thanks for all the links! Finding articles on new archaeological discoveries is not as hard as you'd think! CNN, Washington Post, National Geographic and Discovery provide a wealth of great articles, it's just a matter of slogging through them and trying to find the interesting ones (preferably with photos -- I'm a visual kind of gal). The web is filled with archaeologists who blog, and run their own sites, and post their articles -- I just try to bring it all together.

    And I hope you enjoy Nefertiti as much as I did writing it ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun. As long as the history is authentic, superimposing the characters makes it both entertaining and educational.

    ReplyDelete