Thursday, May 14, 2009

Review of Tales of a Texas Boy

"Tales of a Texas Boy" was originally self-published through Lulu. As I've said before, trying to get an agent or publisher for a thin volume of short stories is as likely as me being chosen to go on the next flight to Mars (I'd also love to do that).

The Lulu Review of Books blog just posted a review of Tales. It's a nice review, and I'd like to share it with you.

Review: Tales of a Texas Boy

An excerpt of the review, written by Linda Welch, author of Along Came a Demon:

I think Tales Of A Texas Boy by Marva Dasef will appeal to both children and adults. In fact, the large print is particularly suited for children and senior citizens whose eyesight is perhaps not as good as it once was. Marva Dasef skillfully brings her colorful characters to life, “a different life than any of us will ever know”, and I could have happily read another one hundred pages and another twenty Tales Of A Texas Boy. I’ll just have to read it all over again. And again.


Can't get much better than that.


Note: The book is available through Amazon in a several formats. A trade paperback has normal print, and there are two different large print editions.

1 comment:

  1. Great review!

    Have fun at the winefest WITHOUT ME!

    *pouts*

    I'm going to listen to the audio of Tales later this evening. I haven't had time to sit down, let alone listen to anything.

    Also need to retry a paid membership to TD. Last time I tried it, internet locked up on my (server problem) so I don't know if it went through.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete