Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Lawna Mackie - Enchantment

ENCHANTMENT
by Lawna Mackie
Coming in January from MuseItUp Publishing

I have always believed in fairy tales and when I got tired of the old ones I made up my own. Each story would have a hero and heroine, but they were anything but typical.

I devoured my first romance novel when I was a teenager. I couldn’t read them fast enough. Years later I stumbled across my first paranormal romance…an injustice would be done if I tried to explain my joy when I found this genre of romance. My passion was finally in print.

Now, with the help of my bizarre dreams and crazy imagination, I have started to write and intend to share my stories with you. I hope you’ll love them as much as I do.

I am truly blessed. My husband is my inspiration and soul mate. We live on a small acreage in Didsbury, Alberta, with our most beloved companions, Dozer, Daisy and Mandarin.

Happy reading everyone and please stop by to visit me.

IMPOSSIBLE TO HOLD – December 19, 2011 released through Liquid Silver Books http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/

ENCHANTMENT – January 13, 2012 released through Muse It Up Publishing http://museituppublishing.com/





Lawna interviews an Enchantment Character, Threeo

We have a new character for you to meet today…and a very interesting character at that.

(Q) Welcome, why don’t you tell us a little about yourself, and where do you come from?

Hello everyone. My name is Threeo and I’m a Hippo-Dog-Burrowing Owl from the world of Enchantment.

(Q) Well Threeo, that’s quite a mouthful. Exactly what is a Hippo-Dog-Burrowing Owl?

I resemble all three earthly creatures. I have a small hippopotamus body, and fluffy dog tail, and my head is the burrowing owl. I was created by magic.

(Q) I see. Can you tell us a little about your world of Enchantment?

Enchantment is a great world, or at least it was until she arrived. I have visions, so I knew she would come. Enchantment doesn’t allow foreigners of any sort. My master is the Enforcer for the world and he was supposed to get rid of her.

(Q) Oh my! That sounds harsh. How was he to “get ride of her”? And who exactly is she?

Meeka came to Enchantment from earth. She fell in the water and some how managed to cross the dimension and into Enchantment. Most creatures die. Kerrigan, my master should have sent her back, but he was scared she’d perish. What he didn’t know at that time was that she is a very powerful sorceress.

(Q) Tell us more about your life Threeo.

Okay, well, like I said Kerrigan is my master, I’ve been with him for a very long time. Oh…I also have babies. Baby Threeo’s! They are born in glass tubes and I raise them. When they are old enough they go to live with others like Kerrigan. The babies really like Meeka. Kerrigan’s parents Todd and Paddy Beaver are my favorites to visit. Paddy always has treats for Threeo.

(Q) “Beaver” you almost make that sound like they are Beavers?

Yes, they are beavers, but not like your human beavers. They adopted Kerrigan as a baby. Kerrigan is actually a dragon.

(Q) So what is happening in Enchantment these days?

{He shakes his head} It’s very scary in Enchantment. I’ve had a dream that Meeka kills Kerrigan, and she destroys the world.

(Q) Really? Is Meeka that type of person?

No, she’s not that type of person, but an evil Enchantment Counselor is going to try to capture her. If my vision is correct she will become a weapon of destruction. Kerrigan will try to protect her. They have feelings for one another.

(Q) It sounds scary Threeo. I hope your visions don’t come true. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about Enchantment?

I think everyone would like our world. It’s beautiful. We have seven moons, which are actually like your sun, but the seven moons are a different color each day, making our world change color daily. We have pixies in Pixie Field, and we also spend time at Funny Fish Lake. We have Itchits and Fur Balls…everything is magical. Thanks for talking to me I do have a tendency to talk a lot. I really hope you’ll enjoy Enchantment.

4 comments:

  1. Threeo is wonderful! You're quite the talent.

    Lawna, thanks for stopping by and showing us your imagination. It's delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly sound different. I wish I had your imagination. World building is quite a talent.

    Good luck with the releases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun interview. I've never met anyone like you Threeo! What a unique and imaginative world you live in. I love the different color moons so the world changes colors. How fun! Can't wait to read the book. Thanks to Lawna and Marva as well!
    C.K. Volnek

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed meeting you Threeo! It must be fun living in a world where things change colors with the different moons. I think your world is fascinating.

    I really enjoyed this interview, Marva. Lawna, you have an amazing imagination and what a world you have built for kids. Good luck with this.

    ReplyDelete