Tuesday, November 06, 2012

New(ish) Book Cover

There was something I just didn't like about my paperback cover of "Missing, Assumed Dead." So, being the way I am, I changed it a bit. For one thing, the cover as developed on CreateSpace isn't quite in the right position. The backcover background color slips over to the front cover, and the block of text on the back is too far right. Since I had to tweak that, I decided to change the position of the title a bit. In this new sample, the title appears to be too far to the left, but when applied to the wraparound cover, it should be more centered. The right side of the page falls into the "don't put anything here" area, therefore the whole front shifts right on the print version.

Of course, the change puts it out of circulation for a couple of days, but I'm fairly confident I'm not losing any sales. Anyway, here it is

This is what I work with on CreateSpace:


  1. It's not bad, but you need to make sure your name is clearly visible too.

  2. Thanks, Lin. I did make my name larger than on the previous cover.

  3. I agree with Lin about your name. But, I don't see anything wrong with this cover. It doesn't look amateurish to me. In fact it looks damn good. Better than a lot I have seen.

  4. The front cover image certainly lets a reader know a lot about the story. And those letters dripping blood...oh my! I like it.