Sunday, September 15, 2013

Frank Allan Rogers - Twice Upon a Time

Twice Upon a Time 
by Frank Allan Rogers
Can a man from the 21st century survive in 1847?

Murdered on his birthday, August Myles finds crossing over is nothing like he’d ever heard, read, or imagined, and learns he has not earned a ticket to Paradise. The Divine Council gave August another chance. Or did they?

With all the limitations of a mortal, he is sent back in time with an impossible mission filled with triumph and tragedy, courage and fear, sex and violence, happiness and heartbreak – a grueling journey on the Oregon Trail. With all the needs and passions of a mortal, August must also battle the advances of two gorgeous women during long months and close encounters. One woman just wants to seduce him. Another falls in love. But for August Myles, carnal knowledge is forbidden.

Is there no justice?

This story was inspired by a dream I had twice. Since my lead character gets a second chance to earn his ticket to Paradise, Twice Upon a Time seemed the perfect title for my tale. I spent more than two years developing the story, yet a surprising number of plot twists seem to tumble into place just where and when they were needed, and I found it a real treat to work with characters taken from various time periods. This book was a lot of fun to write, and the reviews have been terrific.


About Frank:

Writing is one of the great passions of my life, and I've been creating stories since I learned to talk. By age 15, I knew I had to write novels, but a few years went by before I got serious about it. Now I'm a full-time fiction writer on a mission. I want to create stories that matter, stories that sparkle with true-to-life characters whose dramatic lives leave a lasting impression on the readers.

My ambition is not to be a great writer, but a good storyteller, because readers deserve more than a story; they deserve a good story well told. So I was honored that Georgia Author of the Year Awards nominated Upon a Crazy Horse for Best First Novel.

I love to lose myself in the world of a novel, especially if I'm the one writing it. Maybe all of that proves I'm a bit crazy. But, in the words of a Waylon Jennings song, "I've always been crazy; it's kept me from going insane." Life is good.


Member: 
Western Writers of America 
Southern Independent Bookstores Association
Carrollton Creative Writers Club

  

3 comments:

  1. Fun to write = Fun to read. This story sounds like a delightful adventure, Frank. Will have to check it out. Best of luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frank: Thanks for visiting on my blog's Time Travel/Alternate History month.

    Pat: You're up early! Actually, I'm up late, so thanks for stopping by a kicking off the comment section.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank tried to leave a comment here, but the internet defeated him.

    He'd like to thank everyone who has shown interest in his book and hopes you might put it on your TBR list.

    I'm putting it on mine (Marva).

    ReplyDelete