Monday, May 01, 2017

May Days 2017


My desk calendar lists lots of "special days" each month. While looking at May to find the all-important Mother's Day, I noticed some other special days in May.

May 1st-31st - Mental Health Month (Do we get mental health or lose it?)
May 5th - Cinco de Mayo (Hola, Amigos)
May 14th - Mother's Day (of course)
May 19th - National Bike to Work Day
May 20th - Armed Forces Day (Go Troops!)
May 22nd - Abraham Lincoln Receives First (and only) presidential patent
May 24th - National Brother Day (Go Bros!)
May 25th - National Senior Health and Fitness Day
May 28th - National Burger Day
May 29th - Memorial Day
May 31st - World No Tobacco Day

They didn't mention May Day (workers solidarity), Kentucky Derby Day, Victoria Day (go Canada!), National Brother Day (hi bro!), National Burger Day, and a bunch of other days I think somebody just decided to make a Day of it.

In addition, my calendar provides the following advice in the margins:

Increase bone health with weight-bearing exercises like walk.

Osteoporosis things and weakens bones, especially in older women. For more information about prevention and treatment of osteoporosis, visit www.nof.org.

It's nice of my health insurance company to dedicate most of this month to people just like me. Happy May to Moms, Crazy People, Seniors, and People with Osteoporosis.

I was never in the military, but my father, brother, and husband were, so my best to both active duty and veteran military.

1 comment:

  1. I think today is also "loyalty Day." I swear every day of every month is a day for something. Your site looks great.

    ReplyDelete