Friday, November 17, 2006

NaNoWriMo

If you take a peek to the left below my profile, my Nano progress doohickey shows I'm am getting darned close. I wonder what exactly it is I've written. Since I have read it yet, I hope I'm pleasantly surprised (or not upchucking) when I hit the 50,000 words and can take a look. Here's my story's plot:

Fiona, Billy, and Hap are an unlikely trio of friends. Outcasts from the usual social circles in junior high, they've gravitated together. A new kid, a half-breed Indian who's named himself Black Crow, shows up at school and they take him in when the soshes and jocks have no interest. Together, they embark on a journey into the realm of the Vision Quest. Black Crow finds his true self in communion with a bear. The friends discover poachers in the wildlife refuge and risk their lives to bring the thieves to justice.

Yup, it's a middle-school novel set in beautiful Southern Oregon in and near Klamath Falls. I've tentatively titled it "Spirit Quest."

No comments:

Post a Comment