Monday, January 24, 2011

Stylish Blogger

Here's a fun way to "get around" on the internet. The lovely June Bourgo of the Aspirations of a Novelist (or "Losing Cinderella" for her novel) nominated me along with some other fine bloggers for the Stylish Blogger Award. What's not to like about that?

So, I'm happy to add June to my Scrumptious Blogs list and pass along this stylish award to:

The rules for accepting this award are:

Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award . THANKS, JUNE!

Share 7 things about yourself .

Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.

Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Here goes with 7 things about myself:

1. I retired from a long career in computers, going way back to before Jobs and Wozniak ever thought about Apple.
2. I live across the street from my parents. I think I'm looking out for them, but it may be the other way round.
3. Like June, I'm a grandmother, but hate admitting it. On the other hand, Audrey (going on 16) and Janae (13-1/2) are fabulous, wonderful, smart women-to-be who make me proud.
4. I've owned and loved five horses: Ranger, Stormy, Ruby, Copper, Sam, and Ed. May they frolic in the Rainbow Heaven pastures.
5. My longest (I'd say oldest, but she might get cranky) constant friend is Beth Aylworth, who takes care of Keeshonds by adoption and fostering. She never even had a dog until a few years ago, but whole dog she goes into everything.
6. Oh, gosh, I have two more things. Um. I write books. But you already know that if you read my blog.
7. I won Best Looking Legs in Bermuda Shorts at a teen dance show on a local TV station way back in 1964.

Now, 10 great bloggers (not all recently discovered, but terrific nonetheless):

Dianne Salerni's In High Spirits
Ginger Simpson's Dishin' It Out
Lisa Lane's New Sensuality
A.R. Norris's Adventures of a SciFi Writer
Rosanne Dowell's Romance Author
Heather Kuehl's Malevolent Dead
Jessica Subject's Mark of the Stars
Carol Hightshoe's Realms of the Imagination
Richard Fay's Azure Lion Productions

Now, I'm off to tell these wonderful bloggers they're STYLISH!

4 comments:

  1. Awe, you're too sweet. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marva! Being sort of fashion-sense deprived, I don't often get named "stylish" unless somebody else takes me shopping and picks out my clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, just dropped by and figured I should say that I do like that award that's been spring around the place. I'm learning so much about people! And oooh, new blog list to look at. Awesome-sauce.

    ReplyDelete