Saturday, October 10, 2009

Clickity Click

I'd like to know how many folks are interested enough in me to go to the trouble to click through to my website to read a chapter from my latest book.

Go ahead and click here. I'll wait.

Dooby dooby doo, la da da....

Here's the FAQs on the books.

Titled "Scotch Broom," it's the third in a series I'm calling "The Witches of Galdorheim." I'm trying to make each book stand alone, more or less like Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series. I know I can read them out of order since he provides lots of back info on what happened previously. So, when I skipped from his book 1 to book 3, I didn't feel I missed anything since I hadn't read book 2. Of course, I'll go back and do that, but it was nice to know I didn't need to.

While you were over on my website reading the excerpt chapter, did you notice I had a tab for "Works in Progress?" You can read the blurbs on all three books in the series there. Or right here since I'm not charged by the word:

The Witches of Galdorheim 1 - Bad Spelling: All of Katya’s family are either witches or warlocks, depending on their sex, of course. Katya is sixteen and really ought to be able to turn a rabbit into a toad, but things just don’t work out for her. What she gets is a slimy green hopper. That’s the good part. Unfortunately, it also has long ears and fur. That’s bad spelling. 41K words

The Witches of Galdorheim 2 - Midnight Oil: The further adventures of Katya as she races to find her boyfriend, kidnapped by a forest spirit seeking revenge on her sister air spirit. Katya gets caught up in the war of the elementals. If you like the Loch Ness monster, Selkies, dragons, volcanoes, and other cool stuff, you'll like this book. 47K words.

The Witches of Galdorheim 3 - Scotch Broom: Katya is all set for her Winter Abroad, the trip for graduating witches. She's going to spend Samhain at Stonehenge and couldn't be more excited. However, she gets waylaid into the Otherworld, the magical realm coexisting within the Scottish Highlands. She's trying to find her way out, except a certain evil being is determined to steal Katya's magic for her own. 47K words.

Now, I ask you. Don't these books sound like a ton of fun? Well, agents aren't all excited apparently, so expect these books to go the self-pub route if the last few agents and a few publishers remain impervious to the concept or just don't like my writing. That's why I posted a chapter. Do you think my writing sucks?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marva. As usual, I found myself in awe of your writing skill. I didn't see the WIP link, but I was hurrying as usual. To be honest, it's just not my genre, but I found it more refreshing than most.

    ReplyDelete