Monday, April 15, 2013

REVIEWS! As the World Ends by Marian Lanouette

As the World EndsAs the World Ends by Marian Lanouette
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Upfront honesty: This isn't really my kind of book, so I waffled between 3 and 4 stars. I leaned to the higher rating because this is a unique take on the Mayan end of world scenario. Hey, maybe they were off by a year and we'd better batten down the hatches in December 2013.

The three characters formed a good triangle of fear and loathing, but with enough love to win through. Roan was suitably creepy. I could almost hear the banjos playing. Rob and Lauren make a great couple who ultimately work together to save themselves. Rob toned down his macho and Lauren found her courage. The experience, although terrifying, ended up making their relationship even stronger.

Overall, a good job on a short action romance.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment