Saturday, May 14, 2016

Time Travel on Sale

"Take Back Tomorrow will be on sale May 14th-20th for 99¢ on Amazon US and Amazon UK Here's my review at Goodreads.

Take Back TomorrowTake Back Tomorrow by Richard Levesque
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this book for several reasons. First, it's a nicely done noir detective/mystery set in the 1940s. Second, it's got time travel, and I find that irresistible. Third, it shows a fine knowledge of the Golden Age of SF writers.

There were a couple of places where I wrote a note on my Kindle with a BIG question on the logic of certain things, but overall, I didn't find those so egregious as to warrant even a slight mark downward.

Richard Levesque has a dandy story here. Yeah, you can argue the methods of time travel, but until we discover real time travel, every writer has a right to their own view on how it is accomplished.

I liked the 1940s vibe and the errata was at a very low level, so I can't complain about a few typos. Note to every writer: Peak and peek are different words. Do not confuse the two.

Overall, I'd recommend this book to anybody who likes SF, time travel, and even a bit of noir mystery. Good job. Very readable.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment