Saturday, May 18, 2019

Review: Alone No More and Greenstar (1-3)

Alone No More by Dave Higgins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Buy the complete series at Amazon

I'm quite enjoying this series. Well, let's call it more like a set of episodes. The only problem with the Seven Stones Vol. 1 is that I thought it would contain more, um, material. It's really a novelette with the first few chapters of the series.

But, Dave Higgins is offering free reads on the series on his website. I do like writers to make a bit of pocket change from their books, so I paid the Amazon going price for this. I really wish it either contained more (like volume 2) or was priced lower (like 99 cents).

Nevertheless, I will be reading the continuing adventures of Reverend Kobb.

Thank you, Dave, for giving us some neat sword and sorcery. I'd encourage everybody to buy the complete series in one volume since you'll want all the books anyway.

Greenstar Season 1, Episodes 1-3 by Dave Higgins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Buy at Amazon

What if Monty Python made a science fiction movie series? They'd come up with something close to Greenstar. If you'd like to take a break from the deadly serious worlds of the usual SF/F genre, pick up on this series. Set up in Episodes (there are more than three books), they're great quick reads or keep going to make it a supersized novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment