Saturday, June 17, 2023

The Real Little Eddie

 I wrote "Tales of a Texas Boy" for my father. The main reason is that I discovered he had some stories to tell and, even though he was in his 80's, I'd never heard them before. Typical strong, silent type. In any case, I thought the stories had merit and it'd be a nice thing to do for my father. With that in mind, I published the book on my own since publishers wouldn't have anything to do with a shortish book of vignette-type stories about a young boy's simple adventures coming of age in West Texas in the Depression Era. I published the book in Large Print specifically for my father since he was losing his sight to macular degeneration.

The book is fun and has actually been pretty popular, especially for folks who grew up many decades ago in a rural environment. They can relate to the sometimes humorous things that can happen on a farm. Or at a carnival or in a rocky draw (look it up, city slicker).

Once, I managed to record my father telling a story about a road trip he and his best friend went on. It's not included in the book since I end the book at high school and the trip came just after. Nothing much happened either, but if you hear Eddie the old man telling the story, you just might hear the voice of Eddie the boy in the book. Details for purchase follow the sound file.


Tales of a Texas Boy is available in ebook, print, and audio formats. Side note: this book in large print is a popular Father's Day gift for those who may have lived through the Great Depression themselves or simply grew up in a rural area. They'll feel right at home.

Large Print at Amazon - Perfect Dad's Day gift. $9.44

Hardcover Print at Amazon - An even more perfect Dad's Day gift. $12.98

Ebook at Amazon Free KindleUnlimited subscribers and Kindle Owners Lending Library (Prime users benefit) 99 cents to buy.

Audio Book at Audible Often discounted if you buy the ebook from Amazon along with the ebook. $5.07 on Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment