Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Now in Hardcover! Large Print Tales of a Texas Boy

My seasonal bestseller in paperback large print is now available in hardcover. Yes, it costs more, but that's the nature of the process.

Just so you don't think I'm being a greedy bastard, note that I will make one whole buck from the sale of each book. I'm leaving the price at $13.99 through the holiday buying season, but at the first of the year, it'll be priced like the rest of the hardcover books. That means $15.99 or more. I haven't checked exactly. Anyway, get 'em while they're cheapest.

Here's why. I created this book from stories my father told me about his boyhood in West Texas. He was blind by the time the book was first released, so that's why its first print edition was LARGE PRINT. My father could have read this a couple of years earlier when he still had some vision remaining. But since I didn't get it done in time, my mom and I read the stories to him. He was tickled pink (as they used to say) to have his tales told. I think there was a certain amount of TALL tale to them. That's okay. He loved them, and over the years, others got to love them as well. Many people commented very positively about getting this wonderful book in a print size as a gift for their mom, grandma, grandpa, aunt, or any other older person with vision problems. The nostalgia and rural setting is an additional appealing aspect.

So, here comes Christmas buying season again. Now you can have this fun book in either paperback or hardcover to gift to a person you love who you know will love the book.

TALES OF A TEXAS BOY - LARGE PRINT HARDCOVER EDITION $13.99

TALES OF A TEXAS BOY - LARGE PRINT PAPERBACK EDITION $8.99

TALES OF A TEXAS BOY - ANY SIZE PRINT YOU WANT KINDLE EDITION 99 cents

TALES OF A TEXAS BOY - AUDIOBOOK $6.95 at Amazon Listen to the Audio Sample for a bit of fun.

Bonus! They all have old-timey photos for illustrations. Some of them are from our family album. Some I found because they fit the story. Here are a few of them. As you can see, they're old and grainy, but totally authentic for the times.











No comments:

Post a Comment