Friday, November 11, 2011

Bad Spelling Trailer on You Gotta Read Videos

Today, the Bad Spelling trailer is featured on You Gotta Read Videos.

Voting begins on the 21st. To be honest, I'm sure my trailer won't win. I'd like to tell you why.

Votes are gathered by the authors by major campaigning via internet and mailing lists. Authors who've been around awhile or are gung ho marketers will find more votes than shy marketers with small mailing lists.

On the trailers, I personally don't vote for any professionally produced trailers. I like it when an author on a shoestring budget (as most of us are) puts together the best trailer they can manage. Choice of appropriate music, clarity of the words on the slides, appropriate stock art or photos are all tools writers have available to them.

Length of a trailer also drives my vote. I've set 1:30 minutes (one minute and 30 seconds) as a prime length target. A few seconds one way or the other is fine, however, I'm not going to vote for your three minute opus. That's just too long to hold my attention. Brevity is the soul of wit as aptly said by Polonius (actually, by Will Shakespeare).

Now, I am running one too long, so I'll end with a plea to take a look at my trailer today (the 11th  is easily remembered and a very popular movie release date this year). And when voting begins on the 21st, I humbly ask for your vote.

So, here's my trailer so you don't even have to click over until voting time:

1 comment: