Thursday, November 29, 2012

Liebsterblogging


A big thank you to Lorrie Struiff for nominating me for The Liebster Award!

What is The Liebster Award you ask?

Well, it's an award given to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Think of it as a virtual pat on the back. A bit of recognition for doing a good job and encouragement to keep going.

And let's not forget the bloggers that have been blogging for a while and have great blogs.

Hmm. Seems I have to answer the questions below, then nominate a few other bloggers and send them questions. Well, at least you folks get to know us authors a bit better.

And away we go!

Here are the 11 questions that Lorrie asked and my answers:

1. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would purchase?

A brand-new, high-mileage, high-safety car for my granddaughter who recently became a licensed driver. In a few months, it might be something else.

2. Is there something unique about you that you’d like to share with the readers?

I am the only person in the entire world with my name. No, really! Try to find another Marva Gurina Dasef. I dare you.

3. Where is your dream place to live and why?

I live in the best place in the USofA already. We have great weather here with year-long moderate temperatures. It rarely snows in the valley, but it's a quick drive to all the mountainous snow one could want. We're an hour away from one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world, but protected from those nasty tsunamis by the picturesque Coast Range. We have big cities within a half-day's drive all along I5 (if you like that kind of thing). Our small airport can take us further if we want to go to Las Vegas or San Francisco.

4. What do you find is the most difficult part of the writing process?

Motivation to write the next piece if my current published work isn't moving well in sales. I don't even care if I make any money. I just want a lot of people to appreciate what I do. Since that isn't the case (but thank you a bunch to you few brave souls), I keep thinking, "why should I bother?"

But if you're a writer (which you probably are since you're reading this blog), you know that the itch to create something new just won't go away. We're like heroin addicts without the drugs.

5. Tell us something about yourself that we don’t know.

Um. I...no, can't tell you that. Well, there was this time...nope, that's out too. My final answer is "Nothing."

6. Do you have any pet peeves?

Inefficiency. Ask my husband.

7. Do you have any special habits you do when you write?

I stamp my foot often. This usually chases the cat away for a few minutes. He likes to sit on the floor and stare at me. I don't know why.

8. Did you ever write your friends or family members in your books?

Oh, yeah. My friend Liz got to be a teenager again in my murder mystery. Her daughter is my cover model for the Witches of Galdorheim series. Mordita, of course, bears a striking resemblance to Lorrie. Or so Lorrie tells me. There are others who may remain nameless.

9. What is your favorite drink?

Pomegranate-Berry Diet Ice. It's also a good mixer with cardboardenay (wine in a box).

10. Who gives you the best encouragement to keep writing?

Lorrie Struiff, blast your hide, woman!

11. Do you have a critique group or a special author circle?

I've shared critiques with lots of authors on Critique Circle. Many of them have been acknowledged in my books.

And, thank you readers for dropping over. Please leave me a hello in the comment section so that I know you were here. It’s so nice to know who visited.

Last, but not least, here are my bloggy friends to whom I pass on the coveted Liebster Award. Congratulations to the following bloggers:

Sue Perkins
Penny Estelle
Kim Baccellia
Others to be named.

Here are the 11 questions they need to answer if they accept my challenge:
  1. Do you have a sibling you'd secretly wish you'd smothered with a pillow (mystery writers only)?
  2. Which author would you most want to write like?
  3. What were you known as in high school: nerd, jock, cheerleader, genius, most likely to spend time in prison?
  4. What do you think of first when you hear the word quark?
  5. Briefly describe your perfect mate (this can be the one you already have).
  6. Dog or cat?
  7. What super power would you most like to have?
  8. What does liebster mean? (go ahead and Google, I'll wait)
  9. Choose a new pen name for yourself. Why that one?
  10. What have you done to prepare for a) the Zombie Apocalypse or b) Mayan End of the World?
  11. What's the logline for your latest book?
Have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha, good answers. And yep, a good kick in the butt if you stop writing. I think your writing is great.
    Gee, I want to move to where you live. It sounds perfect for me. I despise cold weather in the winter, and the blast furnace of summer.

    Love the questions you asked for your next award winners. See, you are so imaginative, how could you possibly get rid of your addiction.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is Darla and I'm an addict. (writing addict, that is.) hahaha Good questions. Good answers. Though, somehow I feel robbed because you dodged one question. Tell us something about yourself that we don't know?!!! I have a wild imagination and I'm thinking, handcuffed in the back of a squad car with you saying, "It wasn't me. It wasn't me!" Am I close?

    Congrats on the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorrie: I'll just be your willing helper while you write the good stuff. I applaud your everlasting attempts to keep me at it.

    LOL, Darla! Not quite in the back of a squad car with handcuffs, but certainly in the police station having to explain myself. I'll leave it at that. I never did hard time.

    ReplyDelete