Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Cybils Nominations Are Open

The Cybils is for books for children and teens. This is a prestigious award to win. While anyone can nominate any youth book (including authors, which I did), they have tough panels to select the books which will actually be read for consideration.

I like this award because you don't have to pay to play, nor do you win based on how many friends you can get to vote for you. Many "awards" require authors or publishers to pony up an entry fee. I don't do those awards. I haven't go bucks to waste on these contests. Nor do I pay for reviews. Result: I don't win contests and I don't get reviews. I'd rather be cheap than pay for a spurious mention.

Which is a reminder, I suppose, that I've got plenty of books already out (you can find them all on Goodreads and Amazon, amongst other places). If somebody reads one, I'm more than happy to get a review even if you hated it.

As they say in show biz, any publicity is good publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment