Monday, August 27, 2012

Rebecca Ryals Russell Hosts Poseidon and Amphitrite

Rebecca Russell's host-posted my article on Poseidon and Amphitrite as they appear in Setara's Genie (Kindle Edition)

What, one may wonder, are Greek gods doing in a middle-eastern story setting? My answer would be: Why not? Mythologies of all ancient worlds exist simultaneously, some might even believe they exist outside of space and time. So, I'm perfectly content to have my Persian heroine have a tete-a-tete with a couple of Greek deities. I'm an equal opportunity myth-mixer.

Click here to read the post on Under the Hat of Middle Grade Author Rebecca Ryals Russell.

Read Rebecca's fantasy MG series, Stardust Warriors, and her YA series, Seraphym Wars, set in the same fantasy world. This is one of the richest world-building fantasy series (both together) I've ever read. I'm amazed at this lady's talent. Please check out her blog for her books and links. She does maps too! Talk about multi-talented! 

No comments:

Post a Comment